Drama Club to host movie night fundraiser

The Drama Club will host a movie night fundraiser Nov. 1 at 7:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center. “Night of the living Dead” and “Nosferatu” will be shown back to back. Admission is $2 and movie goers are encouraged to bring candy (but no other food).

“We decided to show these films because a ton of kids this year were finding themselves too busy Halloween night with extracurricular and homework,” Drama Club President Logan DeWitt said. “Why should we miss the fun of watching cheesy horror movies and eating candy just because Halloween is on Thursday?”

Funds raised by the event will go to the drama department. Depending on how much is raised the money could go towards Drama Club trips or towards upkeep of the P.A.C. (buying new lights or fixing microphones).

“It’s an expensive thing to have such a great performing space,” DeWitt said. “Especially with budget cuts, we have to get funding from somewhere.”

Doors open for the event at 7:00 p.m. Each movie shown is regarded by movie experts as some of the greatest horror films of all time.

“They are so cheesy scary you’ll laugh more than scream,” DeWitt said. “Plus let’s be honest, all of the candy will be half off on Friday.”