What are you wearing?

Junior Talia Desanto shares the story behind her unique sense of style

Abby Reyenga, Reporter

Junior Talia Desanto has been known for her varying fashion choices. She is influenced by the different scene in California and those around her, but in a recent Q&A she reveals the true secret behind her style, comfort and confidence.

How do you describe your sense of fashion?
I would describe it as unique and different from how everyone else dresses. Also, it’s edgy and beachy. It isn’t a set style. One day, I will be wearing something completely different than the next day.

What your inspiration for your fashion?
I used to live in California, the fashion sense is a lot different there. My sister is into fashion so I base what I wear off of her.

Where do you shop?
I shop around at thrift stores the most.

How did you develop your fashion sense?
I have always dressed different but it definitely has evolved. I would say freshman year I dressed unlike everyone else but it was more normal and girly, now it’s pretty urban.

Do you think your fashion sense is unique and why?
Yes, other people seem to have similar style that is pretty preppy and more casual.

What is your favorite thing about fashion?
My favorite thing is if I have an outfit that I’m confident about, I will have a better day. When I wear leggings and a sweatshirt, I feel like if I had looked better, I would have had a better day.

Do you have a favorite pattern?
I love stripes!

What  advice do you have that involves your sense of fashion?
Don’t be afraid to be different and don’t care what other people think about your fashion. Some people come up to me and are like “what are you wearing?” They’re kidding, but not. I don’t take it to heart, after all, other people’s opinions don’t matter to me. Although other people are like, “Wow I like your coat it’s so different” or something like that, and I like standing out. If I’m happy, that’s all that matters.