Volunteer opportunities for National Honor Society students

Tressa Bathke, Senior Staff Writer

For any National Honor Society members seeking volunteer opportunities, there are many available on the bulletin board outside advisor Angel Dean’s classroom, room 4111.

The Lakeshore Assisted Living nursing homes are searching for volunteers to play games, do crafts, and other activities with the residents. For details, contact activities director Cathy Johnson at 626-405-8346.

A kindergarten tutor is requested for a Robinson Elementary student learning to read. For additional information, the students mother, Ashley Dodd can be reached at 616-566-7422.

Advisor Mark Londot is in need of additional math tutors for fifth-graders. Any other students interested in tutoring are asked to sign up outside Dean’s classroom.

Peach Plains Elementary is seeking volunteers for a family game night on Feb. 20. From 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. students are requested to assist with set up and cleanup. If interested, contact Barbara Berko at [email protected], or call 846-5810.

Dave Redman is searching for volunteers willing to help coordinate services for shut-ins and elderly people in North Holiday Hills. Home maintenance and a little light yard work are the main focus of this project. Interested students can contact Redman at [email protected] for more information.

Volunteer opportunities show up often, and more can be found posted on the NHS bulletin board.