Hallway PDA is not okay

The bell rings and I am faced with a busy hall, stuck in one of those situations where walking behind a slow couple holding hands isn’t getting me to class on time. There’s no way out–I’m forced to break up the love.

It’s annoying when I’m walking to class and I get stuck behind a slow couple. I don’t want to sound mean, but you’re not the only people in the hall.

Hand holding is okay in most situations, just have enough common sense to know to stop when it’s busy in the hallway, no one wants to play red rover with a couple who seems to be using every last second as if it were their last encounter. Oh no, you won’t see each other for an hour. Big deal.

Getting to class I’m faced with couples standing against lockers, nose-to-nose, holding on to each other until the last second. The separation anxiety must be so stressful for the two. God forbid it’s the last time they see each other.

Besides, isn’t it awkward standing so close? What are you doing standing so tightly together? Can you even see clearly? It reminds me of the movie, “Titanic” when seeing this. I’ve always wanted to approach the couple letting them know it’s okay to let go. Everything is going to be alright, you won’t drown.  

What’s more awkward is when the couple is intertwined in a hug that seems like it lasts forever. Sometimes it doesn’t even look like the pair knows how to hug. It’s cute in most situations. It’s not when your partner is walking you to every class and gives you an embrace that lasts the whole passing time. This however, isn’t a big deal compared to the lip-locking that happens at school.   

Let’s be honest here, no one wants to see people making-out, especially teachers. Doesn’t it feel weird when you know your teachers see you kissing your partner?It is embarrassing to know that your teachers will think of you as that kind of person and that you’re okay with them seeing you do it. It’s basically just like making-out in front of your parents. There’s a time and place for doing whatever it is to satisfy your needs. It’s not at school.

I understand that you ‘love’ the person and you’re going to get married or whatever, what I don’t understand is why everyone has to be so dramatic about it. Just because you’re sexually attracted to your partner does not mean you have to advertise it for everyone to see.

I may sound like a jerk to many lovebirds out there, but people, including me find it annoying and no matter how much we try to stop the PDA at school, it will always be there. Let’s all just remember to calm down and relax whenever you see you boyfriend or girlfriend. You don’t need to jump on them like an ape every time you approach them.