Senior Column: Breakdown to my Senioritis

Madison Wilder, Editor in Chief

Never have I felt more ready for something than I do for graduation. The culmination of four years of vomit, sweat and teen spirit in its purest form. One does not simply breeze through high school without being bombarded on more than one occasion by at least two of those things. The memories and experiences I have gained will surely stick with me for the rest of my life. However, I’m ready to put all of these memories in a scrapbook to be reminisced upon for years to come, but never again to relive.

Senior year began as any other year had for me. I was eager to excel in my classes, hang out with my friends, and maintain a job as I had in years previous. It was hard but I always managed to a reasonable degree. Things were normal up until mid to late fall, when the college acceptance letters started rolling in. It was real. Going to college became more than something I was ‘planning on.’ I was doing it. After this revelation, what is commonly known as ‘senioritis’ hit me like a school bus on what should have been a snow day. This continued for the remainder of the year.

I have witnessed senioritis hitting others

Breakdown to my senioritis

1)The end is in sight. Counting down the days came with more anticipation than ever. After putting my deposit down for college and getting my cap and gown, I could see the rapidly approaching end to my high school career.

2) The weather has been all too nice to keep me indoors. As an avid nature walker and sunset-watcher, I had no other option than to put homework in the backseat of my car and never look at it ever.

3) My class schedule-while it is fun as crap, having my first two hours be pure outdoor fun was not conducive to buckling down and finishing strong.

4) I’m ready to move on. Things that got me excited such as Catalina Club and winning a Spartan Award for the Bucs’ Blade are over. I am finished with high school.