Gallery: Volleyball State Semi-Final Game Vs. Novi

Maisy Hoffman

Juinor Ally Knoll gives a nervous and excited look to teammate Olivia Beove during the National Anthem, anticipating the game ahead.

Maisy Hoffman, PR Manager

Before the send off, coach Aaron Smaka read a not from former player Abby Cole. Nevers and excitement fill the room, and player Ally Knoll gives loving hug to teammate Kenzie Ritzema.
Maisy Hoffman
Before the send off, Coach Aaron Smaka read a not from former player Abby Cole. Nevers and excitement fill the room, and player Ally Knoll gives loving hug to teammate Kenzie Ritzema.
Junior Ally Knoll looks out at the crowed just before stepping on to the court to warm up before the game.
Maisy Hoffman
Junior Ally Knoll looks out at the crowd just before stepping on to the court to warm up before the game.
Junior middle hitter Ally Knoll wraps her arms around senior play Kenize Ritzema for a pre-game hug.
Maisy Hoffman
Junior middle hitter, Ally Knoll, wraps her arms around senior player Kenize Ritzema for a pre-game hug.
Players Ally Knoll and Katie Cole go up for a block agains a Novi outside hitter. Senior Amy Kober covers from behind watching for a hole in the block ready to pick up anything that comes her way.
Maisy Hoffman
Players Ally Knoll and Katie Cole go up for a block. Senior Amy Kober covers from behind, watching for a hole in the block ready to pick up anything that comes her way.
Spectator Cam Shelton expresses his emotions after a call. The grand haven student section was filled with energetic fans who traveled to Battle Creek to support the team.
Maisy Hoffman
Spectator Cam Shelton expresses his emotions after a call. The Grand Haven student section was filled with energetic fans who traveled to Battle Creek to support the team.
Coach Aaron Smaka gives a quick pep-talk during a timeout early into the 4th set.
Maisy Hoffman
Senior outside hitter Autumn Monsma goes up for an attack. Teammates Katie Cole and Sophia Newhouse are quick to cover after seeing two Novi players go up for the block.
Maisy Hoffman
Anticipation grows from the bench during the third game. After two wins over Novi, this could have been the game that would have put them through to the finals.
Maisy Hoffman
Anticipation grows from the bench during the third set. After two wins over Novi, this could have been the game to put them through to finals.
Coach Aaron Smaka yells from the sidelines.
Maisy Hoffman
Late into the 5th and final game, player Emily Lanchmaan falls to the ground in pain after hitting her knee on the post during an attack. After a short timeout, the game was back on with sophomore player Morgan Ross in Lachmaans place.
Maisy Hoffman
Late into the 5th and final set, player Emily Lanchmaan falls to the ground in pain after hitting her knee on the post during an attack. After a short timeout, the game was back on with sophomore player Morgan Ross on the court in Lachmaans place.
A crash of emotions after the winning point was scored by Novi during the state semi-final game.
Maisy Hoffman
A crash of emotions after the winning point was scored by Novi during the state semi-final game, ending a record setting season by the Buccaneers.
Middle hitter Kenzie Ritzema reaches to tip the ball over the block set up by Novie players.
Maisy Hoffman
Middle hitter Kenzie Ritzema reaches to tip the ball over the block.
Player Autumn Monsma jumps for a back row attack during the 3rd set against Novi.
Maisy Hoffman