Vampire Diaries a literature dream come true

Macayla Cramer, Reporter

Vampire Academy is a literature dream. Through every jaw dropping action scene, witty remark and flawed perfection of the two love interests, this book is nothing similar to other fictitious romances I have read before. It’s a stunning realistic take on what it’s like to be a strong woman.

This book set in modern times includes three fictional species: Moroi, Dhampir and Strigoi. The Moroi are vampire related creatures with the power to control earth’s elements. Dhampir, half Moroi and half human, sworn protectors to the royal Moroi bloodline. Strigoi, soulless blood thrust monsters with one mission, to wipe out the last royal Maori.

Dhampir Rose Hathaway is sworn above all else to protect Moroi princess, Lissa Dragomir. That’s exactly what Rose was doing when she and Lissa fled the Academy. After a year of running, the girls are caught by the Academy and forced to return. But the threat against Lissa’s life has only grown. Now, Rose has to catch up on training, deal with the snobby royal students and a new romantic spark with her mentor, Dimiri, all on top of protecting Lissa. Everyone is expecting Rose to fail, but it’s a good thing she never asked any of their opinions.

An age old question, if you could spend a day being someone else, who would you choose? I choose Rose Hanaway. Spoiler alert: she’s not perfect. She’s seventeen with a war in her backyard and the sole mission of protecting her best friend from an ancient enemy, while surviving high school. She is not going to be the best friend that will make you cookies. Rose is the best friend that will risk it all: love, rules and her freedom for her duties.

I promise you, as a fellow book nerd, you will not regret picking up this book because you will adore everything in this novel. I’ve recommended this book to all of my friends. Trust me, you will fall in love with Rose and Lissa’s friendship, along with both of their love interests.