Give and Glow basketball game

via the Bucs Care Instagram page

The Give and Glow game will be taking place this Friday, Feb 25. The Bucs Care food pantry hopes to receive large amounts of donations.

Sydney Kroll, Reporter

WHAT: Bucs Care is hosting a food drive during the varsity basketball games on Friday. The theme for the games will be neon and anyone who donates will be given glowing bracelets, necklaces, and other related attire.

WHEN: During the boys and girls varsity basketball games on Friday, Feb 25. The boys game begins at 6:00 pm and the girls game begins at 7:30 pm. Bucs Care will be collecting donations beginning at 4:30 pm.

WHERE: The Field House.

EXTRA INFORMATION: Anyone can donate goods, whether you are a parent, friend, or don’t even plan on staying for the games, all items are appreciated. Non-perishable food items are recommended for donations. This can include items such as canned goods, boxed pasta, and sealed snacks. There will be an arrow by the student section bleachers where donations can be placed. This time of the year is when the food pantry struggles the most with donations, so they hope to receive enough to get them through the school year.

THEY SAID IT: “We wanted to do a food drive that encourages giving just to feel good, not because you win a prize,” Angie Prieditis said. “We really want other kids to feel that they’re giving to other Bucs here at the school and feel good about it.”