Bucs hockey lights up scoreboard en route to victory over Jenison

Chris Hudson

Sophomore Gavin Baldwin brings the puck back around during a rush toward the opposing team’s net. Stellar defensive play paired with an unrelenting offense led the Bucs to easy win.

Chris Hudson, Editor in Chief

What Happened: This past game could be thought of as the best the Bucs have played all season, as they went on the road to face Tier 3 O.K. Red rival, Jenison, which ended up as a 6-2 dismantling of the Wildcats. For the first two periods, little separation occurred between the teams. But once the third period began, the Buccaneer offense broke loose, consistently in the attacking zone and scoring three goals in an electric third period, one from junior Trevor Kalis, who has been playing lights out throughout these first few games.

They Said It: “This game is one more step to getting better,” said Head coach Keegan Ferris. “We don’t look too far into the future, we are focused on the next day and learning from our mistakes so we can be better tomorrow. I think this game definitely gives the guys the confidence to keep trusting each other and what we do everyday to improve.”

Up next: The Bucs come right back on Saturday, Dec. 2 with an away clash in Wings West Arena against highly-touted Kalamazoo United with puck drop at 2 p.m.