Clash of the ages: sharp-shooting Bucs aim to beat Lakers again

Lauren Morgan

Junior Casey Constant attacks the wing during the Bucs first game last week against Mona Shores.

Jack Reus, Sports Editor

What: The Bucs host rival Spring Lake for the annual Battle for the Drawbridge on Friday, Dec. 15 at 7:30 p.m. Expect an intense and loud atmosphere at this special rivalry game. The contest, as of late, has been full of thrilling games that have come down to the buzzer. Expect nothing less for this one as both teams are coming in hungry. Spring Lake enters this one 2-0 with a dominant 63-38 win over Fruitport and a 48-46 win over Buccaneer conference rival, Rockford. Meanwhile, the Bucs enter this one 1-0 with a beat down win over Mona Shores and are well rested, having a week off. Grand Haven showed last week against Mona Shores that they can shoot and it’s curtains for opposing teams when the Bucs have momentum. Spring Lake does show strength down low and the Lakers have very strong post players who are able to dominate the boards. Grand Haven will have to play physical down low as well as stay hot from behind the arc in order to beat this tough Laker team.

They Said It:  “[A win] would be huge considering they just beat Rockford and [Rockford] is a big team in our conference,” junior shooting guard, Bryce Taylor said. “It would be a confidence booster in our future games.”

Key Players: Junior point guard Casey Constant, sophomore shooting guard Andrew Sinke, and senior Kellum Bridgeforth.