Girls Basketball lose to Caledonia on senior night

After+receiving+her+flower%2C+senior+Morgan+Goss+smiles+while+hugging+Coach+K+on+senior+night.+

Macayla Cramer

After receiving her flower, senior Morgan Goss smiles while hugging Coach K on senior night.

Macayla Cramer, Reporter

WHAT HAPPENED: 

On Friday the girls basketball team played Caledonia at home, for their final game on their home court this season. For seniors, this is signalling the end of their high school basketball career. High on emotions and adrenaline, the lady bucs struggled to score during the first half. They started the second half at 22-10. However, coming back refreshed and a recharged the bucs were right on Caledonia’s heel at the end of the third quarter, but did fail to get past their competitors in the fourth ending the game at 46-32. 

KEY PLAYERS: 

• Sophomore Caydee Constant was a strong force both on offense by chipping in several points for the ladies along with leading the team on defense. 
  • Senior Jolee Houle was an aggressive ball handler, leading the lady bucs both in offense and on defense. 
  • Sophomore Zoe Spoelman who was a dominating force on defense. 

KEY MOMENT: 

Since this game was their last on their court, there were several bittersweet moments from the night. One being the annual flower ceremony, where seniors are gifted a flower as a thanks for their time dedicated to the sport. Additionally, the lady bucs also gave thanks to a teacher that has impacted their life, where they gave their selected teacher an apple. 

THEY SAID IT:

“I hope that they don’t take this time for granted, and recognize that every time you step on this court it’s go time,” senior Jalen Greene said “Take it all in, be thankful, work hard, go bucs.”

WHAT’S NEXT: The ladies will be on the road for one of their last regular season games at Zeeland West High school on Feb. 25 at 6 p.m.