Catalina sign-ups Tuesday

Photo courtesy Emerson Rosenberg

ABOVE: This year’s officers from left to right: Kendall Hamm, Michael MacDonald, Ellyn Skodack, Alec Korecki, Emerson Rosenberg, Bryant Latchaw, Claire Macdonald and Thomas MacDonald

Grace Ostric, Editor in Chief

Catalina sign-ups will be Tuesday Oct. 27 after school in the cafeteria. The fee is $50 for shirts, food and costumes. A parent or guardian’s email will also be needed. Students cannot sign up for friends. In the event that Catalina is canceled due to COVID-19, refunds will be issued.

Catalina is a synchronized swimming and dancing club. Although the club consists of mostly girls, boys are welcome to join. The club rehearses from November until its performance in March. 

There will be a tryout for new members after signups. The purpose of the tryout is safety and instruction, not to cut people.

The Catalina President is senior Emerson Rosenberg and the female Officers are seniors Kendall Hamm, Ellyn Skodack and Claire Macdonald. They have been preparing the show since last March and will announce the theme at the first practice. 

“The shows are just so fun,” senior Kendall Hamm said. “It’s so fun to see it all come together, and you’re dancing with your best friends!”