Top fashion picks for fall

As cold weather quickly approaches its time to trade out old summer styles for warmer fall clothes

Maddie Monroe, Editor in Chief

Maddie Monroe
LOTS OF LAYERS: With fall comes cold and windy weather which makes warm clothes a necessity. So layerable items like over-sized cardigans over a t-shirt are a perfect style option Best place to buy: Target, Kohls, Forever 21 Price: $15-$40

BEANIE SEASON: with cold weather and rain, beanies and simple knit hats have become very popular and go with almost any casual outfit Best place to buy: The North Face, Burton, Patagonia Price: $10-$25

Maddie Monroe
SKATER DRESS: short sleeve or tank top dresses paired with a long sleeve shirt underneath has become a staple of recent fall fashion
Best place to buy: Urban Outfitters, Target, American Eagle
Price: $15-$30

Maddie Monroe
ANKLE BOOTS: Shorter cut boots have become increasingly popular for fall and winter. With most coming in plain colors like black, gray, white or brown
Brands to check out: Hunter Boots, Dr. Martens or Uggs
Price: $100-$250

Maddie Monroe
DENIM: A classic fall trend is denim, whether its jackets, button-ups, or pants it goes with almost everything
Best place to buy: Goodwill, American Eagle, Target
Price: $10-$40

Maddie Monroe
WIDE LEG PANT: It’s time to ditch those summertime shorts and try some more weather appropriate and trendy wide legs pants.
Best place to buy: Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Nordstrom
Price: $25-$60

About the Contributor
Maddie Monroe, Editor in Chief

Senior Maddie Monroe is entering her third year on staff as Editor-in-Chief. She is excited to see what this year has to bring and to make the paper the best she can. Monroe loves to ski, play golf, hike, listen to music, and travel. She is hoping to continue her journalism career at Michigan State University next fall.