Nick Bolla Stars in The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon On Saturday

Reegan Cook
Bolla is pictured playing both Cinderella and The Prince during the play. Come see the show on Saturday in the PAC at 2pm!

The next show the theater program will produce is The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon, which the actors will take to districts on Saturday, Jan. 20. 

“It’s a story about mashed-up fractured fairy tales and it combines several in a comedic way,” director Rita McLary said. “A couple of actors come together to act out these stories, and they get to the end and decide to have a recap, and they try to do them all really quickly, which doesn’t go very well.” 

Sophomore Nick Bolla is one of the leads in the show and has been doing theater since the beginning of his freshman year.  His favorite musical is Sweeney Todd and his favorite thing about theater is meeting new people. He plays Hansel in the Hansel and Gretel scene and Actor Two in the Cinderella scene, where he plays many different characters.

“It’s definitely a challenge to play that many characters at once, but when it all plays out, it’ll definitely be hilarious,” Bolla said. “Plus, I have an accent in the Hansel scene, and At first, it took a little time getting used to the new accent, but now it’s pretty easy.”

The theater department hopes to compete in regionals and possibly even states this year and are rehearsing constantly to make sure they have it down. 

“Well, anything that can go wrong can possibly go wrong,” said Bolla. “So you always have to keep that in mind, but I’m optimistic about it.” 

McLary praises Bolla’s work ethic and his effort. 

“In his audition, he did voices for all the different characters, and they were all hilarious,” said McLary. “Plus, he works both sides, tech and acting, so we are always pleased when he is around.” 

Admission for Saturday is free, and the show starts at 2 pm.