FASFA meeting to help parents

A financial aid meeting for students going to college next school year will be held in the Performing Arts Center tonight at 7:30 p.m. There will be a walk-through of the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Students and their parents can attend the meeting, and bring their questions, and something to write down important information. The FAFSA should be completed by March 1.

“Since the FAFSA is kind of complicated, parents often times have questions about it, especially if they’re going through it for the first time, and so we provide this service to help them get through the process,” counselor Doug Klemm said.

The school will also host College Goal Sunday, this Sunday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the business suite. Parents will need to bring their financial information, such as income info, from this past year to answer the FAFSA questions.

“Basically we’re going to have people on hand that have experience in completing the FAFSA,” Klemm said. “I have to say that the financial aid community is quite incredible as far as providing assistance to anybody who is struggling in completing the FAFSA, and my advice would be that they should contact any area college. The financial aid office is wonderful in helping people through the process.