Model UN succeeds at Ann Arbor

Jack Nicholson, News Editor

The club’s most recent conference was at the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor this past weekend, where about 37 other schools attended and roughly 750 kids total participated. High scoring students led the way to four distinct positions. The club’s leader, Mr. Klinger discusses the event as being a remarkable moment for the club this year.

“This is one of the largest,” Klinger said. “Individuals are broken up by interest… and the students who won were Chloe Wigel, Lilly Mears, and Bennet Lowe who all won first place in their committees.”

In addition to winners, Drew Bohenike tied for third which is acknowledged as a verbal commendation.

Model UN is labeled as a club here at Grand Haven, having students roleplay as delegates for the United Nations and simulate realistic committees, thus owning up to the idea of modelling something real for the benefit of understanding complexities of the world, the United Nations.

Located in Mr. Klinger’s room, pod one, is where the organization meets. The club travels across the state to compete in several different areas of expertise, including roleplaying different events. Model UN is always open to new contenders.

About the Writer
Jack Nicholson, Reporter

Jack Nicholson is a Junior reporter that is brand new to the Bucs’ Blade Staff is also a newcomer to the journalism world. Jack is involved in many after school activities such as being apart of the cross country team, track and field team, Student Senate, and attends several miscellaneous activities throughout the year to benefit the community around him, like after school beach cleanups. Jack enjoys being with friends, going on runs, skateboarding, being together with his family and collecting patches here and there as a small hobby he started. Nicholson hopes to achieve a greater understanding of what he wants his major to be in college and figure out where life is going to take him next.