GHHS Business department gains new tech tools for long-term marketing benefits

Chris Hudson, Editor in Chief

New this year, the business department acquired a sublimation press and printer for production of apparel and gear to revamp the Buc Stop, as well as to design promotional high resolution photos and promotional items to market the in-school business.

With these advanced tools, practically all facets of marketing for the school store just got a little bit easier and business department teacher Taylor Schriber recognizes how big these benefits can be.

“With both of these, we will be able to sell high quality photos and canvas in the school store for the first time ever,” Schiber said. “We are excited with the connection we will be able to make with importantly the Buc Stop, but also with students in Digital Design, Photography and Yearbook.”

Another plus that these technological features bring is a untapped source of revenue. Clubs closely associated with the high school’s business department will now get much needed support for future activities.

“Having the new [sublimation] press and printer will help pay for costs of DECA and field trips to some exciting businesses in the area,” Schriber said.

From Schriber’s perspective, the cost of purchasing the printer and press is definitely outweighed by the long-term benefit they bring – keep in mind that these high quality tools will function at a fraction of the cost of what the business department did in the past with printing marketing promotions.

Yet, there is still one downside: the printer and sublimation press aren’t currently up and running, but the business department is close.

“The goal is to have the printer up and running by second semester,” Schriber said. “We hope to have canvas prints in the store for purchase as well as posters printed.”