The Buc Stop reopens for the first time since the start of the pandemic

Sydney Kroll

Students participate in a game of corn hole set up by the Buc Stop staff.

Sydney Kroll, Reporter

The Buc Stop is hosting several games and activities in order to celebrate its reopening after being closed for over a year due to COVID-19. 

“Our main goal is getting students and staff and eventually parents and community members back in there and back supporting the school store and our marketing department,” teacher Kelcie Mashburn said. “After COVID and being closed for about a year and a half, we have some catching up to do.”

The Buc Stop is a student-run store which sells school merchandise, food, and beverages. It is operated by the school’s marketing class and is located in the hallway next to the cafeteria. 

The store is currently open during all lunches, however, there are plans to begin opening before school with the addition of caffeinated beverages. The store also offers an opportunity for online shoppers at https://gh-buc-stop.square.site/, but they are in the process of making a new online storefront.

“My students have been working really, really hard on getting this up and going,” Mashburn said. “We have faced quite a bit of challenges with the pandemic. I’m just excited to see all of their hard work come into play and get them excited about being down there and interacting with their peers and doing what they’ve been longing to do all year.”