Loutit Library Offers Cards to All Students

Nathan Burns
A lady gracefully exits the library after using her library card to access the numerous materials and services available at Loutit District Library. Her heart now full of the knowledge she had gained from the books she explored.

Loutit District Library will be visiting during all lunches on Friday, September 29, for students to obtain their own library cards.

“We can get you a card in about 5 minutes,” Allison Boyer, the head of youth services, said. “All you need is a picture ID with your current address, and if you’re under eighteen, a parent/guardian to sign the registration form too.”

With a Loutit Library Card, members can borrow materials from over eighty libraries across Michigan. Students can join thousands of other Grand Haven residents and enjoy free access to tens of thousands of books and materials, both in-person and digitally, at Loutit District Library and beyond.

“We would love everyone to have a library card,” Boyer remarked. “A library card gets you access to all sorts of e-services.  You can check out ebooks, audiobooks, stream movies, and music!  All for free!”

Located downtown by Central Park, at 407 Columbus Avenue, the Loutit Library has historical roots in Grand Haven, founded in 1870 and helping minds grow over the past century and a half. 

“There are a lot of things you can do at the library even without a card,” Boyer added. “We have study rooms, free Wi-Fi without needing to buy something, computers to use, and printers to print.”

If having access to a vast array of invaluable resources and services is something that interests you, consider paying a visit to Loutit District Library either at lunch or downtown to obtain your very own library card.

“In short, a library card opens the world to you!” Boyer exclaimed.