Spring Dance on Mar.9, All Proceeds go to Student Senate Projects

Carlos Rappleye
The Spring Dance is a fun and exciting way for students to dress up and socialize with there peers. All funds made form the dance go to student senate for clubs, dances and on going projects.

The student senate organizes various events throughout the year, including the annual spring dance. One of their biggest projects is the adopted family program, where students use the funds raised from these events to purchase gifts for less fortunate families.

The Spring Dance is on Saturday. Mar. 9, from 10 p.m. to 7 p.m. Students can purchase tickets for this event on the GOFAN  app. The ticket price is $15. However, if purchased at the door, the price will increase to $20. This is a great occasion for students to dress up and socialize with their peers. 

“We have a fun account we use for any club or event, and we usually put in some of the money we raise there,” said student senate advisor Elizabeth Gervais.

The student senate utilizes the funds for various initiatives, such as the senior banquet, prom, and homecoming. Through the spring dance and other related events, they can typically collect around $14,000, deposited into their account and used towards their ongoing projects. 

“These events can get pricey, and we like to do them for the students and our enjoyment  That is why it’s so important to raise money,” said student senate advisor Elizabeth Gervais.