The Bucs' Blade

Grand Haven Girls Lacrosse takes hard first home loss at the hands of Mattawan

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Lady Bucs defense shuts down the opposing offense's charge into their third of the field. Led by senior Alexis Nesbitt (center) the Bucs stunted this attack

Maddie Fogg

Maddie Fogg

Maddie Fogg

What Happened: The Lady Bucs took a tough loss in their first home match, 15-6, to Mattawan. After starting the contest quite cold, with Mattawan scoring consistently in the opening minutes and the Lady Bucs not being able to stop the offensive ambush. Solid midfield play from seniors Christina Byrne and Paige Kramer let the Lady Bucs gain some momentum in the second half, hoping to make a major comeback.

They Said It: “Our team plans to keep working hard in practice, focusing on communication on the field,” senior Natasha Robertson said. “We think that if we make a few simple changes, then our season will continue to improve.”

Up Next: With a solid two-week break to rest and improve, the Lady Bucs get time to work out some of the strategic issues before an away contest against Lowell on Wednesday, April 11.

About the Writer
Chris Hudson, Editor in Chief

Senior Chris Hudson is in his last rodeo at Grand Haven High School and unfortunately, his last go with the Bucs’ Blade, this time as Editor-In-Chief....