Grand Haven girls lacrosse team gets shot to break losing streak against Lowell at home

Senior Christina Byrne gets swarmed in a home clash against a conference foe. Byrne will have to play a stellar game against Lowell to earn a victory.

Maddie Fogg

Maddie Fogg

What’s Happening: The Lady Bucs lacrosse prepares for a crucial home duel against the Lowell Big Reds on Monday night. After losing by one to rival Spring Lake almost a week ago and getting swept in their weekend tournament, the Lady Bucs are hungry for a match to fall in their favor. Grand Haven took down the Big Reds on the road earlier in the season in dominant fashion and aim to do the same to get stop their mid-season blues and get their record back on track.

They Said It: “We have prepared for this important game tomorrow by working on our team chemistry as well as cleaning up transitions in the midfield,” junior Ally Kingma said. “It is the second time playing them and it is simply big for our conference record.”

What To Watch For: A reason for the Lady Bucs recent losing skid has been the crushing injuries to key defensive players seniors Maddie Brockmyre and Megan Kostner. New substitutes sophomore Paige Beland and junior Whitney Engelsmen will have to catch up quickly and respond fast, which is key to watch for against Lowell, in hopes to help keep the Lady Bucs at the top of the conference.

About the Writer
Chris Hudson, Editor in Chief

Senior Chris Hudson is in his last rodeo at Grand Haven High School and unfortunately, his last go with the Bucs’ Blade, this time as Editor-In-Chief. His approach is to bring the Blade back to Michigan journalism supremacy and that will only come through pushing himself and the rest of the Blade staff to their greatest potential. Having high hopes for this year, he is excited to cover the topics the students want and most importantly need to hear. Hudson is also the president of the Grand Haven DECA chapter and Student Senate, as well as an NHS leadership team member and City council commission student appointee. In his free time, he likes to trap with the boys, tune into the Sunday Scaries podcast and most importantly rise and reel whenever he can.