Girls golf finishes off jamboree before regionals

Courtesy photo/Grand Haven Tribune

Freshman Caydee Constant stares down her shot at the mid-season tournament. Constant has been the key contributor for the golf team this year.

Nick Twa, Business Manager

WHAT HAPPENED:

The Buccaneers played in their home jamboree on Thursday, Sept. 27 at Grand Haven Golf Course, finishing their last match preparing for the postseason. The Lady Bucs ended up in third place, with Hudsonville finishing first with a combined score of 159 and Caledonia coming behind them at 172.

WHAT IT MEANS:

The Bucs scored a 188 in a pivotal home match that prepared the team for their next match, which begins the chase for the O-K Red crown.

KEY MOMENT:

Junior Jacob Hartman was the squad’s honorary assistant coach for the tournament, motivating the  Bucs as the jamboree continued. Hartman, who is an avid fan of golf, has been helping out the squad this season.

THREE STARS:

• Freshman Caydee Constant scored a 44, leading the way for the Lady Bucs. One of the team’s most valuable players, Constant continues to lead the team with solid scoring and accuracy.
  • Senior Ally Kingma ended the jamboree with a 44. Improving throughout the year, Kingma has been the group’s up and coming competitor.
  • Junior Cam Constant finished with a score of 50, the top score for the juniors of the crew. Constant has been a reliable player when it comes to a must needed steady score.

THEY SAID IT:

• “The team scores have been improving as the season has progressed, we’re all super supportive, competitive, and push each other to do our best,” Constant said. “I’m excited to see how we finish the season.”
  • “They’re playing better than they’re scoring, we’re just having a blow up hole,” coach Roger Glass said about their play during the match.

UP NEXT:

The Bucs take on regionals at The Meadows at Grand Valley State University on Oct. 9 to see if they can make it to the state championship.