The Bucs' Blade

Bucs water polo hoping for a good performance in district tournament

Junior+Mark+Wilgenburg+swats+a+ball+away+during+a+home+match+against+Zeeland+East.+The+Chix+play+host+to+districts+this+weekend%2C+where+the+Bucs+will+look+to+gain+momentum.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Junior Mark Wilgenburg swats a ball away during a home match against Zeeland East. The Chix play host to districts this weekend, where the Bucs will look to gain momentum.

Paige Horist

Paige Horist

Paige Horist

Mijan Ahmad Nizam, Reporter

WHAT IS HAPPENING: The Grand Haven  Bucs’ water polo team seeks nothing but success when they open the postseason this Saturday. They will be traveling to Zeeland and will be playing their first game against West Ottawa.

THEY SAID IT:  “Right now we are dialed in and ready to play,” senior Matthew Marcus said. “We’ve already qualified for the next playoff round, this tournament coming up is all about seeding for us, but it’s still really important because the first round of the regional tournament is an elimination round, so the games this weekend could really impact our chances at the state tournament.”

OTHER INFO: The team’s starting goalie will be out indefinitely due to a personal matter, forcing the Buccaneers to heavily rely on freshmen Ethan Boos and Garret Bary to take on the goalie position.

About the Contributors
Mijan Ahmad Nizam, Reporter

Senior Mijan Ahmad Nizam is a rookie to the Bucs’ Blade staff. He is very curious and eager to take on the world of journalism. The opportunity to have...

Paige Horist, Reporter

Sophomore Paige Horist is on her first year of the Blade as a photographer. She likes music and Tod Smith. She hopes to go to Indiana, to pursue songwriting...