The week in review: Girls Basketball

Junior Alli Keyser hits the hole during a mid-season contest. Keyser led the team in a big way this past week.

Maddie Monroe

Maddie Monroe

Ashton Voorhees, Reporter

What Happened This Past Week: The Lady Bucs kicked off the week Tuesday by hosting Muskegon in a closely contested battle with the Bucs falling 39-37. Muskegon played strong transition offense and while the Bucs played well defensively by holding them to only 39 points, it wasn’t enough to get the job done at the end of the day. The Bucs closed out the week with a Friday trip to East Kentwood, who won by a mere four points in their first meeting of the year. Unfortunately for the Bucs, it wasn’t as close in their second meeting and the Falcons defended their home court with a 61-37 win over the Bucs.

They Said It: “We didn’t get off to a great start [against East Kentwood],” junior Alli Keyser said. “We got down by nine before we started to hit some shots. We had a hard time boxing the E.K. girls out but it was definitely a learning experience.”

Next Week in Girls Basketball: The Bucs will head to West Ottawa to face the Panthers next Friday. The first meeting was a tough, defensive game and the teams match up well which means a solid week of preparation will be key to get back to winning ways.

About the Contributors
Ashton Voorhees, Reporter

Senior Ashton Voorhees is enjoying his second go-around on Bucs’ Blade staff this year. He loves the game of baseball, his Siberian husky named Kokoa and memes. Ashton is involved in NHS and plays on the varsity baseball team at Grand Haven High School. In his free time, Ashton enjoys playing or watching all kinds of sports from football to basketball and even soccer, which is why he loves being a sports reporter. If you ever needed to find Ashton, you can most likely find him at the local goodwill, the nearest Jimmy John’s, destroying his iPhone by dropping it into water, or wherever the boys are. Ashton plans on attending college and pursuing Architectural Design.

Maddie Monroe, Editor in Chief

Senior Maddie Monroe is entering her third year on staff as Editor-in-Chief. She is excited to see what this year has to bring and to make the paper the best she can. Monroe loves to ski, play golf, hike, listen to music, and travel. She is hoping to continue her journalism career at Michigan State University next fall.