The Black Friday survival guide
November 25, 2015
It’s coming. The day some praise and some resent. Black Friday. Where the cheapskates come out and the go getters of good deals are exposed. So it may be your every year tradition or even your first, but the most important thing is surviving this chaotic day.
Hopefully leave those stores with brand new items that were bought at a crazy low price as well as your dignity.
So here is your survival guide to Black Friday and how to come out alive:
- Sleep and coffee is important. You’re going to have an early wake-up call, so make sure you’re ready with your alarm set and coffee brewing, you have a long day ahead of you.
- Have a game plan. Know what stores you’re going to in what order and what you want to accomplish there. Do research before hand. Know which stores are having what deals so you won’t be wandering like a lost child around the mall.
- Have a team. Whoever you’re shopping with know where they are going at what times, you don’t want to lose a soldier in the battlefield of sales.
- Know your money situation. Have a choice of payment, either cash or debit, or even gift cards. Know your balances for each so you’re not fussing at the checkout taking up time while everyone contemplates killing you.
- Have patience. Be the one with clearance clarity. People get pretty crazy and remember that they are just disposable items! You can always get them somewhere else.
- Last but not least, have fun! It is a day of gifts and good deals, so celebrate that! Remember what the day before represented: thanks. So don’t let it turn into a stressful ungrateful day.