Assistant Principals Around GHHS: Gina Schmitt

C Kelly
Gina schimmt working on making our building better. she always hard at work rather its supporting stduent or helping a staff member.

Assistant Principal Gina Schmitt does many things around our building supporting our team with her uplifting spirit and loving personality. Schmitt loves to cheer on students whether it is a sporting event or a choir, band, or orchestra concert just to see them shine in things they are passionate about. 

Favorite subject when you were in school? 

I would have to say English was my favorite subject.

Favorite artist?

Dave Matthews Band 

If you could do anything on your weekend what would it be? 

Sit on the beach and read a book. 

Favorite memory from the building?

I think overall graduation is just always a highlight and just being a part of supporting these kids and their success. 

The positive change you’ve noticed in recent years?

I’m a big fan of all the work Mr. Cusamano has done with Mr. Jervis to improve team GH and kind of bring that back to life. Trying to focus on shifting things from the negative to the positive. I think the kids are taking more pride and ownership in the building and it’s just nice to see all of those things.

Favorite school event?

I love graduation but also going to sports events and supporting students and also the plays. I love going to the choir and band concerts. I just love going to student events and being able to see the students shine in the things that matter to them. 

Three things to a desert island

I’d bring my book, Diet Coke and maybe some Cheez-Its. Diet Coke and Cheez-Its just go together. 

Favorite family memories?

I don’t have one specific favorite, I love spending time with my family at the beach, on vacation, 

skiing and any time together is good for me. 

Favorite small-town activity?

Getting ice and going to see the beach.

What would you do if you won a million dollars?

I would donate a lot of the money whether it was to the school or something within the community that’s going to benefit things for the future. The selfish part of me would take it and go on a vacation.

What concerts have you been to? 

I went to Chris Stapleton who was a Dave Matthews Band multiple times, Carrie Underwood. I went to another one with Mrs. Davids. We went to see Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift, all amazing concerts.

Favorite Grand Haven activity?

I love to ice cream from Norms and go walk the pier or the beach just to see the water.

Where do you go out to eat on a Friday night?

At the concession stand at a sporting event, my son and I always joke that we eat popcorn and water on Friday nights. But if I’m not at a sporting event then probably the Unicorn Tavern or we order pizza.

Small business you love to support?

I love Pink Lemonade downtown.

What’s a bucket list item for you?

I want to go skydiving. People think I’m insane though.