The Little Mermaid Musical Preview

Stay out of the snow this weekend, and dive down under the sea for The Little Mermaid musical!

Ariel+%28Anna+Bremmer%29+and+Prince+Eric+%28Quinn+Remington%29+during+a+rehearsal+for+the+Little+Mermaid+Musical+

Addelyn Wachter

Ariel (Anna Bremmer) and Prince Eric (Quinn Remington) during a rehearsal for the Little Mermaid Musical

Amelia Schincariol, Reporter

Wanting to go under the sea this weekend? Make a splash at ‘The Little Mermaid’ at the high school on Nov. 9-10, 16-17 at 7 p.m.,  and a matinee show at 1 p.m. on Nov. 17.

Junior Sam Korecki explains what happens behind the scenes.

“The cast splits up into groups and work on choreography, solos, or line,” Korecki said. “Rehearsals were from right after school for three hours, but this week has been six hour rehearsals and late nights.”

With a cast around 50, they have been working hard to make this perfect.  Since the first week of school, the musical has been in full swing. Some nights this past week, they have had to stay at the school for practice as late as 10 p.m., showing true dedication.     

“Days and nights have been spent in the auditorium,” Korecki said. “Although the show can be stressful, the shows will be so fun and worth it.”

Not only has the cast put in work, but the pit (students from band and orchestra) has also been practicing their music and solos.  The deep, energetic, flawless music that accompanies the musical comes from the pit. That’s the band.

Excitement and nerves have the cast ready for tonight.  They have 5 shows to perform their best. The set, costumes, lighting, microphones, everything has to be perfect.  Hopefully, the turn out is as great as the show.

“Everyone should come because it’s a twist on a Disney movie and the cast has put in such hard work,” Korecki said.

The show will be flashy, spectacular, fun, and sweet. The cast has grown, not only as friends, but as a family.  

“Even though it was my first year doing the musical, I am so glad I auditioned,” Korecki said. “I have made new friendships and have become close with people on set who have the same amount of passion as me.”