Reilly Swierbut committed to Parkland College

Reilly Swierbut has made the decision to continue her volleyball career at Parkland College. (Photo courtesy of Reilly Swierbut)

Natalie Dupuis, Assigning Editor

Senior Reilly Swierbut has made the decision to continue her volleyball career at Parkland College. She said the decision was hard at first, but she knows that Parkland College is the right choice for her. 

“When I went on my first visit the atmosphere was just what I was looking for,” Swierbut said. 

At first the decision was hard because Swierbut had other offers in the mix, but at the end of the day her gut feeling was to choose Parkland College. 

“Those colleges just didn’t feel like home and when I did go there to visit, the players weren’t as welcoming as the Parkland players,” Swierbut said. “They weren’t as willing to show me around the campus or just kind of welcome me in.”

Swierbut said she didn’t feel a connection to the other colleges or the other players for that matter. If she was going to be rooming with other players, then she would rather feel welcomed at Parkland than the other colleges. 

“I’m excited to join a program that’s already so decorated,” Swierbut said. “I’m excited to continue on that legacy hopefully.”

She says it’s every player’s dream to go pro, but semi pro would be a dream too. If she’s able to continue her volleyball career after Parkland, then she would like to go to a Division I school in the midwest. 

“If I were to go semi pro, that would be ideal, but if not, then I would plan to move back to Grand Haven, and start my dog business,” Swierbut said.