Dickinson & Skinner chosen as December students of the month

December 20, 2019

Matthew Dickinson

Senior Matthew Dickinson was honored as a December student of the month alongside teacher Jason Klinger

Senior and Model United Nations President Matthew Dickinson was honored as the December Rotary Student of the Month on Monday, Dec. 16. Dickinson was pleasantly surprised to find a letter announcing this honor in his mailbox a week prior. 

“I was just really happy when I got the letter in the mail,” Dickinson said. “Going into high school, this was always something I wanted to do because my brother got it when he was a senior.”

Students are invited to bring a person of significance to accompany them to the luncheon. Typically these individuals are teachers who have impacted the honoree. Dickinson chose World History teacher Jason Klinger to accompany him.

“I chose Mr. Klinger because he’s my Model UN adviser, a club I’m the president of now,” Dickinson said. “He’s just been a really big part of my high school career allowing me to flourish and go as far as I can with Model UN as I can.” 

As Dickinson reflects on his high school career, one thing stands out to him that he doesn’t believe he’ll soon forget. 

“I think my exchange year in Germany was the biggest thing I’ll take away from high school,” Dickinson said. “Being open to new people, having new friends no matter what they look like or how old they are was something I really enjoyed while I was over there.”

About the Contributor
Photo of Caleb Berko
Caleb Berko, Managing Editor

Senior Caleb Berko is embarking on his third and final journey around the sun as a member of the Blade staff, and he cannot wait to get underway. In his...