The Bucs' Blade

Bucs to face Jenison tonight in home match up

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jack DeKlyen heads the ball against East Kentwood. The team will look to provide more offense against Jenison in their district semifinal game.

Addy Wachter

Addy Wachter

Addy Wachter

Nick Twa, Reporter

WHAT’S HAPPENING: The Bucs varsity boys soccer team finished their O-K Red conference season with a 6-2-3 record, 9-3-3 overall. The squad defeated Mona Shores in the district semifinals on Monday, Oct. 15 with scores by seniors Sam Scarpino, Jack DeKlyen and Mason Mahacek, as well as a game-clinching saves by senior Brenner Kar in penalty kicks. The team hopes to end the season off on a high note with a win in the semifinals and a berth in the regional finals matchup.

THEY SAID IT: “These past couple weeks we have really settled into our game,” DeKlyen said. “We changed our formation to only defend with three so we can have a stronger attack. Last night was a game full of emotion. The student section really helped us and the energy they gave us kept us playing hard.”

UP NEXT: The Bucs take on Jenison at home in the district semifinals for the chance to play in the district finals tonight, Oct. 17 at 7 p.m.

About the Writer
Nick Twa, Reporter

Junior Nick Twa is on his first year being a part of the Bucs' Blade staff, specifically on the sports team. He is one of the biggest Michigan State fans...