Girls varsity golf team battles against windy conditions

Macayla+Cramer

Senior Rylee Snellenberger

Macayla Cramer, Reporter

WHAT HAPPENED:

The girls varsity golf team made the short trip to Macatawa Bay last night, and faced seven other fierce competitors as well as a strong windshield. The gusts proved inconvenient and drastically affected the ladies’ game. The team finished fifth. 

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN:

The ladies will need to work hard before their next meet to improve their game. This match did prove beneficial for the girls; they know what they need to improve on, and they now have a better vision of their rank in the O-K Red Conference.

KEY PLAYERS:

• Sophomore Caydee Constant played a particularly exceptional match. Her scores speak volumes for her performance, and she earned herself ninth-place overall.
  • Junior Zoe Spoelman stood out especially for her excellent scores, and keen form, which not only helped her team, but also herself in winning some extra points in the match.

KEY MOMENTS:

Through the chaos of the match, the lady Bucs had several redeeming moments. Senior Cam Constant had an impressive long putt, setting her up for a short finisher, and senior Rylee Snellenberger made a recovery shot, chipping her ball 4 yards closer to the hole. 

THEY SAID IT:

“Most of us played really well, our scores just didn’t reflect it,” senior Rylee Snellenberger said. “I am looking forward to overall better scores, this meet just wasn’t our best.” 

WHAT’S NEXT:

The lady Bucs will travel to Rockford on Thursday, September 24 for another match starting at 4 p.m..