Natalie Dupuis

COMMITTED: Kallio and Pahl have both committed to continue their volleyball careers in the upcoming fall at Lawrence Technological University and Carthage College on Tuesday, May 4 at Grand Haven High School.

Seniors Lexie Kallio and Ashlyn Pahl sign to continue their volleyball careers

May 5, 2021

On Tuesday, May 4, senior Lexie Kallio signed to continue her volleyball career in the upcoming fall. Kallio will be attending Lawrence Technological University to major in architecture.

What are you looking forward to this upcoming fall?

“I’m looking forward to starting a new season, meeting new people and experiencing a new place outside of Grand Haven. It’s like the excitement from freshman year when we started and now we’re going to college. It’s different, but at the same time it’s kind of like a reset.”

Why have you chosen to continue your volleyball career?

“When I was a kid, I always wanted to play in college. The idea of not playing volleyball anymore was almost scary as going to college. I worked hard to try and get to the point where I could go and the biggest thing too was also finding a school that allowed me to do that with the major I wanted to go into. ”

What made you think that your college choice was the best fit for you?

“Going to the school, I felt at home, even though it’s three hours away. I felt very accepted and the biggest thing too was my major is kind of limited when it comes to schools and volleyball, that was a big factor.”

Is there anything else you would like to add?

“Overall, the biggest thing for kids that want to go into college athletics is to start working and doing stuff your freshman year. Getting a base and getting all of that done [is helpful]. When you make videos of yourself playing, try and make one so you have one for almost every season because it helps show your growth.”

About the Photographer
Photo of Natalie Dupuis
Natalie Dupuis, Assigning Editor

Senior Natalie Dupuis is going into her second and final year of the Bucs’ Blade as an Assigning Editor. She’s excited to see what this school year...