Kick off your Velcro shoes: “Footloose” cast teaches young to dance

Before Saturday’s matinee performance of “Footloose,” the cast hosted a one hour dance class that taught kids the choreography to the opening act song. The dance tutorial was held on Sat. Nov 16, at noon. The fee to participate was $5. After the kids learned the dance, they got to go on stage and perform the dance with the whole cast during the matinee performance. This was the only performance where the kids were welcomed to dance with the cast.

060
A little girl learns the dance moves to the opening song of the Footloose production. The group of kids were split into two groups, kindergarten to third grade and fourth grade to eighth grade. Some of the kids went to the choir room while others went to the cafeteria. (VanOordt)
041
Senior Claire Borchers teaches the kindergarten – third grade kids in the ensemble room. There was a $5 fee to be able to participate. (VanOordt)
083
Junior Zach Hansen and senior Owen Loughrin teach the older group of kids the Footloose choreography in the cafeteria. Nearly 100 kids from around the area attended the dance lesson. (VanOordt)
Senior Logan Dewitt holds hands with one of the girls that participated in the one day dance class the Footloose cast put together. The dance tutorial was held on Sat. Nov. 16.