Annual talent show was a success

Emily Jarrell, Reporter

What happened:

Grand Haven High School held its annual talent show on Tuesday Jan. 28 where students were able to showcase their skills. The talents the audience saw included singing from numerous acts, piano playing, poetry, yo-yo tricks and jokes told by the MC of the night. The fan favorite, Flannel Boys, a band made up of the high school staff, also made an appearance performing two songs. 

The first place winner of the night was Anna Bremmer who sang “Don’t Rain on my parade”. The second place winner was Madyson Campbell who sang “All I want”. The third place winner was Ariana White who sang “Almost is Never Enough”. The person who will be advancing to the West Michigan Student Showcase is Gavin Hubner for his Yo-Yo tricks. 

Why is this important: 

Hubner will go on to compete against students from other schools and will be representing Grand Haven. The rest of the contestants appreciated the fact that they got to showcase their talents in front of their classmates, teachers, and relatives. 

They said it: 

“The talent show provides a unique atmosphere for people to perform in ways they may not be able to anywhere else,” senior Samantha Korecki said. “I spend all of my time singing in professional settings, so being able to belt out an 80’s bop on stage was a unique experience for me.”