Jenna Ray

Senior Jenna Ray was honored as a February student of the month alongside teacher Melissa Richardson.

Cameron March, Reporter

Senior Jenna Ray was honored as the February Rotary Student of the Month on Monday, Feb. 17. She was chosen for her leadership abilities and academic record. Ray was not surprised to find she was a recipient of the award.

“I wasn’t totally expecting it,” Jenna said “I honestly kind of assumed I would get it at some point in the year.”

Ray is involved in a plethora of extracurricular activities at the high school including running cross country and track in addition to participating in catalina club. She is also a member of the Osteo Scholars, a Michigan State University outreach program focused on osteopathic manipulative medicine. 

She attributes her involvement in these activities to her recognition for this award.

“Working hard, over the past few years in school contributed to it,” Jenna Said, “I think it’s just another thing I can put in my resume.”

Next year, Ray will head to the University of Wisconism-Madison to study dietetics, a passion and dream of her’s.

“It’s just something I’ve wanted to do,” Ray said. “I can’t wait to see what the next year brings for me.”