GHHS Science Olympiad returning to nationals

Sophia Jaeger and Morgan Womack

The Grand Haven High School Science Olympiad team is back. After two years of not qualifying for nationals, they placed second overall at the state tournament. Now their focus is on preparing for the national tournament at Colorado State University.

Here are the results from Saturday:

SCIENCE O RESULTS

Junior Brenner Kar and senior Kendal Kroes walking out of Chemistry Lab with goggle marks on their faces.

Juniors Thomas Draper and Nolan Ruble working on the Mission Possible machine before competition.

About the Writers
Sophia Jaeger, Arts Editor

Sophia Jaeger is a Junior this year and is excited to start her second year on staff as the newly appointed arts editor. She is passionate about writing, performing and most importantly food. When she’s not working on the paper you’ll find her at science olympiad practice or musical rehearsal. In her free time, she loves to curl up with a good book or disappear into a new show on Netflix.

Morgan Womack, Life Editor

Junior Morgan Womack is entering her second year on the Bucs’ Blade staff, this time joining the editorial board as the life editor. She enjoys keeping herself busy and is involved in student senate, Science Olympiad and the rowing team. In her spare time, you can find her browsing Pinterest, watching Netflix, hanging out with friends, or singing to Beyoncé in the car. She’s excited for this year and hopes to cover many aspects of student life.