Woiteshek & Ackerman chosen as January students of the month

January 24, 2020

Kathryn Ackerman

Senior Kathryn Ackerman was honored as a January student of the month alongside teacher Tracy Lakatos

Senior Kathryn Ackerman was chosen as the January Rotary Student of the Month on Monday Jan. 20. 

Ackerman chose her third grade teacher Tracy Lakatos to accompany her to the Rotary luncheon at the Grand Haven community center. 

“I chose her because she was extremely organized,” Ackerman said. “She is very kind with all of her students. But I felt like I kind of had a similar personality to her and connected to her. We were both organized and pay attention to detail so I just loved being a part of her third grade classroom. To me, she was the perfect person to pick for the luncheon.” 

Ackerman was humbled to receive this award and just thinks overall this is a great way to show appreciation to her fellow classmates. 

“It’s a great honor to be picked for that and just to be recognized for all the hard work you put in through high school,” Ackerman said. “Just to go up there and say thank you to people who allowed you to be recognized for this like my teachers and my parents, it was a lot of fun to be able to talk to everyone about that so it was a really special moment.”

About the Contributor
Photo of Emily Jarrell
Emily Jarrell, Reporter

Senior Emily Jarrell is entering her second year on The Bucs’ Blade staff. She is ready to get her hands dirty writing reviews, opinions, news stories,...