Bucs start season off right with statement win over Mona Shores

Buccaneer+guards+Casey+Constant+and+Bryce+Taylor+congratulate+each+other+after+a+big+play.+

Macy Swiftney

Buccaneer guards Casey Constant and Bryce Taylor congratulate each other after a big play.

Jack Reus, Sports Editor

What: The Buccaneer boys varsity basketball team proved they are a force to be reckoned with on Friday night as they dominated the Mona Shores Sailors, 67-31. Due to the Bucs’ outstanding  perimeter shooting and lock-down defense, they were able to secure a victory. The game started off slow as neither team was able to find their groove, resulting in a 9-7, low scoring first quarter with the Sailors holding the lead. The second quarter however, was a whole different story. The Bucs started off the quarter with a 21-0 run and could not miss a shot. The youngster, sophomore Andrew Sinke took control of the game in the second quarter bombardment, scoring 12 points off of four three pointers, electrifying the Grand Haven crowd and providing momentum for the team. The Bucs were able to carry that momentum into the second half and come out on top.

Key players: Sophomore Andrew Sinke had an amazing debut, scoring 12 points. Senior Kellum Bridgeforth was second on the team in scoring, contributing 11 points and Casey Constant finished off the game in double digits with 10 points.

Up Next: The Bucs host rival Spring Lake on Friday, December 15 with tip-off at 7 p.m.