5 Shows to binge watch over break

Lily Ives, Reporter

Now that holiday break is around the corner teachers are asking students what their plans are for the coming weeks. Many answers sound the same: sitting at home, visiting families, going somewhere warm. But this break is the perfect excuse to tuck in and turn on the TV and let the days roll by. So here are some suggestions if you want to start a new series to binge watch.

friendsFriends (1994-2004): If you’ve never seen Friends before, this show is highly recommended for you. It’s basically a classic that you can watch anytime, anywhere. It’s a comedy of 6 friends sharing memories together in an apartment in Manhattan New York, they go through mayhem, family troubles,past and present relationships, tears and mostly laughs. Once you start you won’t be able to stop.

The100showThe 100 (2014-present): After the earth was destroyed by war, the remaining people were sent to a ship called the “Ark” where they’d live in space to survive. After 95 successful years of survival, the “counsel” sends 100 juvenile prisoners like Clarke Griffin (Eliza Taylor), Bob Morley (Bellamy Blake), Paige Turco (Dr. Abigail Griffin) and many more to earth. They quickly adapt to a “No law” government and soon realize they’re not the only 100 one the earth. It’s a show that hooks you easily, any action movie fanatic would love this show.

405-002-new-girl-landlineNew Girl (2011-present): If you haven’t already, add New Girl to the top of your must watch list. This show is a comedy about 5 friends sharing a loft together in downtown Los Angeles. Nerdy and awkward Jessica Day (Zooey Deschanel) tries to redeem herself after a brutal breakup. With the help of her loyal friends Nick, Schmidt, Winston, and Coach create a family of their own. It’s a great show if you’re looking for a good laugh. 

How I meHIMYMt your mother (2005-2014): How I met your mother is kind of an older comedy, but still a must watch. Close friends Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor), Marshall Eriksen (Jason Segel), Lily Aldrin (Alyson Hannigan), Robin Scherbatsky (Cobie Smulders), and Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris) share unforgettable memories together, creating a small family of their own. Basically, the entire show is a flashback of memories explaining to his (Ted Mosby) two kids how he met his wife, hence the shows name. It’s a popular series and is recommended to all sitcom and regular TV watchers. 

unbreakable-kimmy-schmidtUnbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (2015-present): Tina Fey and Robert Carlock’s new series is funny, uplifting and new series that doesn’t get enough credit for it’s humor. Kimmy Schmidt (Ellie Kemper) was rescued after 15 years of living in an underground doomsday cult. Instead of hiding away for the rest of her life she decides to live every moment like it’s her last. She spends her days getting into trouble throughout New York City and not living a single moment without a positive attitude.