Truly Triumphant

Grand Haven students shine during Oktoberfest 5K

Jonas Quirin

Grand Haven students Bradley Langemaat and Gatlin Swinton as well as other captains and their angles smile for a group picture after the race. “it’s great to be able to do this with our students and with students in general outside of the school day, because its you know we aren’t doing academics, we are doing something that’s filling them up and kinda filling their bubble in another way” teacher Melissa Richardson said.

Maisy Hoffman, PR Manager

After crossing the finish line, captain Gatlin Swinton and one of his angles grab a drink before heading to the awards ceremony. “You know its fun to see Gatlin be excited about it, he was just having fun” Richardson said.
Jonas Quirin
Captain Alex Priese and his team of angles speed down the course with the finish line in sight. “I’m so happy for Alex that he gets to have this experience and that he gets to feel what it feels like to be pushed in a race and go through the finish line and have people cheering, and clapping and you know calling his name” Richardson said.
Maisy Hoffman
After the exciting race, participants headed behind Old Boys for the My Team triumph awards ceremony.  Captain Alex Priese was awarding with is metal with assistance from his angles.
Maisy Hoffman
After the exciting race, participants headed behind Old Boys for the My Team triumph awards ceremony. Captain Alex Priese was awarding with is metal with assistance from his angles.
Teacher Derek Warner stands in front of the crowd to hand out medals to the participants. Each captain was awarded a gold medal and a cup to congratulate them for their hard work.
Maisy Hoffman