“Catching Fire” hits theaters

Beginning in September of 1998 the “Harry Potter” books were released and devoured. Following this series, the “Twilight Saga” erupted as the new favorite of young adult fiction in October of 2005, and then September of 2008 began the era of the “Hunger Games” Trilogy written by Suzanne Collins.

Nov. 21 the second Hunger Games “Catching Fire” is released in to theaters.

Just prior to the release of the first movie it was clear to the film industry that the “Hunger Games” would come with great success. This single movie profited over $691 million worldwide on a budget of $78 million, taking a seat at the third-highest-grossing film within the Untied States and ninth in the world during the year 2012.

Alan Gould of the investment group Evercore predicts these numbers will be matched, if not exceed Nov. 21 at midnight with the release of “Catching Fire.” If local reactions are any indication, Gould is correct.

“I’m so excited to see it (‘Catching Fire’),” junior Sierra Young said. “I’ve read the books twice and can tell the movie is going to be super good.”

“The Hunger Games” trilogy is based around a young girl, the oddities of the government and traditions that exist among her world. Readers will experience themes of love, adventure, determination and standing up for what one believes in as each page is turned and it is no shock that young readers as well as many adults became addicted to the series as soon as it was released. Publisher Scholastic has said that as of July 19, it had sold over 50 million copies of Collins’ books.

With the great popularity among the books it is no doubt that turning the series in to a movide trilogy was financially stable move by director Francis Lawrernce.

The movie, “Catching Fire” is 146 minutes of an action-adventure-science fiction screenplay, and is rated PG-13, mostly due to violence that may be disturbing for young viewers.

An audience will be taken along a journey with main characters Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark played by actress and actor Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson as they become targets of their own capitol leaders after a risky suicide stunt following the “Hunger Games” four years before.

“The second book was my favorite book out of all three, so I’m really excited to see it all played out on the big scree,” junior Sophie Kruggel.