Avengers: Infinity War trailer provides an exciting glimpse of what’s to come

Watch the trailer here:

Property of Marvel Entertainment

Sam Woiteshek, Reporter

When I saw the Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 trailer pop up on my YouTube feed the other day, there was no hesitation as I excitedly tapped on it.

Within the first few seconds, my heart rate was racing with Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) and the Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) all in the same place, each looking miserable in their own ways. Iron Man seemed to be almost praying in the mortified and traumatized state he appeared to be in, while Hulk looked like he’d just fallen through a building and Doctor Strange didn’t know what do about it.

As the trailer continues, Marvel fans get a look at some of new features of the movie, such as: Black Widow’s (Scarlett Johansson) new blonde hair color, Spider-Man’s (Tom Holland) new high-tech suit and most notably, the new villain Thanos.

Thanos, played by Josh Brolin, has appeared in several other Marvel movies leading up to Infinity War. Marvel wanted to save him for this movie because he is perhaps the franchise’s biggest villain yet. In the movie, his goal will be to acquire all four infinity stones, even if it means prying one out of The Vision’s (Paul Bettany) skull.

Part of what makes Marvel fans so excited for this film is that all of the superheroes you know and love from the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be incorporated into this movie. In the trailer, new additions shown are the Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman), Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Falcon (Anthony Mackie), Captain America’s (Chris Evans) friend Bucky – or the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) – and even Thor’s (Chris Hemsworth) power-loving brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston).

The trailer presumably closes out in Black Panther’s homeland of Wakanda, with Winter Soldier and the Black Panther leading a massive army – including the Hulk, Captain America and Black Widow – to face off against what is assumed to be Thanos’ army, leaving an exciting feeling in all viewers alike.

But after the title and Avengers logo is shown, we are given Thor, wearing an eyepatch.

“Who the hell are you guys?” he says.

The “guys” he’s talking to are none other than the Guardians of the Galaxy: Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Rocket (Bradley Cooper), Drax (Dave Bautista) and the always charming Groot (Vin Diesel). The Avengers-Guardians combo will surely be the highlight of the film.

All in all, the Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 trailer gets every Marvel fan hyped for what’s to come on May 4, 2018.

About the Writer
Sam Woiteshek, Sports editor

Junior Sam Woiteshek is back and better than ever in his second year on staff, serving as the Blade’s co-sports editor this time around. As a lifelong sports fan, Sam loves following the Michigan Wolverines and the Green Bay Packers, as well as the Chicago Blackhawks and the Grand Haven Buccaneers. In the summers, Sam can often be found out on a golf course, as he is an avid golfer and is on the Bucs golf team. Sam also enjoys duck hunting, fantasy football, and hanging out with family and friends. He is a master of word-searches and most likely can win in a game of chess. He also prides himself on his pizza-eating abilities and his talent of cooking Ramen noodles. Sam is excited to partake in leading the sports team this year, hopefully to the journalism equivalent of a Super Bowl. He is also eager to share some of his sports wisdom with the students of GHHS and will continue to deliver award-winning columns to his readers.