Fans excited for Guardians of the Galaxy sequel

Sam Woiteshek, Co-Editor-In-Chief

The gang is back in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, out in theatres on May 5. The film stars Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana.
The movie picks up after Guardians of the Galaxy, where Star-Lord (Pratt), Gamora (Saldana), Rocket (Bradley Cooper), Groot (Vin Diesel) and Drax (Dave Bautista) saved the galaxy from the evil mastermind Ronan (Lee Pace).
In the sequel, Star-Lord and his crew go on an extraterrestrial hunt to find his father… and maybe even save the galaxy again.
As for showtimes, Grand Haven 9 will have 7:00 P.M. and 10:00 P.M. on Thursday May 6. On May 5, the official premiere date of the movie, the theater will have 18 showings on the hour beginning at 11:00 A.M.
There has been a lot of buzz about the movie, especially from eager teenagers such as freshman Nick Twa.
“My uncle pre-ordered tickets for movie,” Twa said. “My family and I are going to see it the Sunday after it comes out.”
Twa hopes that the movie will feature some new additions to the Guardian group.
“I really hope more people join the group,” he says.
The first movie’s theme was centered around redemption, as Star-Lord was a low-life criminal who ended up becoming a hero and savior to the galaxy. Twa says he is intrigued by what the theme will be for Vol.2.
Meanwhile, Jason Gibner, a 40-year old Grand Haven resident and Guardians of the Galaxy enthusiast, is proof that the Guardians fandom doesn’t stop at teenagers.
“I feel that this one is anticipated about for all the same reasons people loved the first one,” Gibner said. “The chemistry of the cast is fantastic, it has awesome colorful special effects and the 70’s style rock music soundtrack is surprising, fun and something different then what is normally found in these kind of movies.”
That uniqueness of the movie is what makes the Guardians of the Galaxy series loveable to all Marvel fans.
“You don’t need to have seen Doctor Strange and Captain America: Civil War to make sense of what’s going on in a Guardians of the Galaxy movie,” Gibner says. “It kind of tells it’s own little story and has it’s own very unique style.”