Upcoming pep assembly excites all

The dance team has been working very hard and will be performing at the pep assembly on Friday. (Photo courtesy of Morgan Harrison)

Natalie Dupuis, Assigning Editor

The homecoming pep assembly takes place this Friday on October 11th, 2019 after sixth hour. 

“I think it’s a good way to represent school spirit,” Emma Laws said. 

The pep assembly is going to have the typical activities that we usually have like tug of war and the scream competition, plus the homecoming court activity. The cheerleaders and dance team will also be performing at the assembly.

“I think it’s super fun to watch to kind of cheer on your classmates and kind of see them compete in kind of like a not professional sport,” Laws said.

She went on and said that students should attend the assembly because it’s a good way to represent school spirit. Elizabeth Gervais said that students should attend because of school unity, to have fun and celebrate homecoming week, and to get fired up about the football game that’s later starting at 7:00 pm that night. 

“I think we’re expecting a lot more excitement about this one because we feel really good about it,” Laws said.

Laws and others have been planning the pep assembly since the summer. They met twice a month and threw out hypothetical ideas trying to think of logistics that went with them. She said that there was a lot of planning involved and a lot of online communication went on as well. 

“There’s a couple new things that we threw in,” Laws said. “I’m excited for, I think I forgot to say this earlier, but we actually have glow sticks this year we’re giving out to the students. I’m really excited to see how the student body reacts because that’s definitely new.”