Girls basketball falls to Forest Hills Central, 40-33

James Harding

Going up: Junior Lynn Olthof drives to the basket in the second half. Olthof finished the game with 9 points.

Eric Stolarski, Reporter

What happened: The Bucs lost in a tough battle 40-33 to Forest Hills last night. The team was playing catch-up the entire game and couldn’t match the firepower of the Rangers lethal three point shooting and offensive rebounding.

Key player: Freshman Allison Keyser led the charge for the Buccaneers with 14 points and not too far behind her was junior Lynn Olthof. Keyser was shooting very well throughout the entire game, while Olthof was crashing the boards hard and finishing around the basket well.

Quote: “I think the team played with heart tonight, we played together and took a huge step forward,” junior guard Andrea Shumaker said. “We are a young team and we’re going through growing pains. We played with a purpose and intensity tonight. We can improve from tonight by going out and playing with that much intensity every game. We will work hard in practice and clean up our game and be ready for Friday.”

Up next: The Bucs prepare for their next battle against Spring Lake in the Steve Hewitt classic.

Freshmen Alli Keyser dribbles the ball down the court past the Ranger defense, Keyser led the team with a total of 14 points.
James Harding
Holding on: Junior Andrea Shumaker keeps the ball away from a Ranger defender Madi Winter. Shumaker drained a few key baskets in the first half to keep the game close.
James Harding
 Junior Andrea Shumaker keeps the ball away from Ranger defender Madi Winter. Shumaker drained a few key baskets in the first half to keep the game close.