Bucs Bowling hope rises as season ends

Ben Werkman

Senior Peter Gannon winds up in a full swing

Nick Garvale, Reporter

As the bowing season come to an end, the team has improved greatly over the last couple of months as well as we can hope for a couple of representatives to sport GHHS at states. While the regular and postseason are finished, those events are in the past and the few bowlers who can say they made the cut for states are focusing on smoothing their stroke and improving their game more than the year already has.

“I know swim team goes on a taper for conference,” senior Logan Batka said (in reference to prepping for more serious competition). “We’ll we go into more of a bit of intense practice just like them.”

The Bowling squad as a whole finished the regular season with five wins and four losses. This explains the drive to end the season off on a good note, which the team hopes they can execute in order to sand off the rough edges that the season has scared them with.

“We had a little rough go at it during the regular season,” said Batka. “We’ve also had a couple of really really good breakout games, and I feel like were going to do that at regionals.”

The team has struggled with some non monumentous problems which has led the faith of the team to decline over the season. However freshman Collin Prockapack has given the team hope and as his bowling gets better, the program will surely benefit in the years to come.

“We didn’t have as high of hopes, until we saw freshman bowler, Collin Prockapack. Once he started to bloom and become a better bowler I saw our chances greatly improve, ” said Batka.

Postseason was a breeze by similar to every other day of practice for the team. The main gain of the postseason was to prep the bowlers for regionals and likely states. With a disappointing loss in conference, the set of bowlers hope to get on to states in order to maintain the current streak of five years.